SecuSan® – The proven hygiene standard
Did you realise that using a door handle is like shaking hands with thousands of strangers?
Hygiene is an issue that affects us all. Since wherever people meet, illnesses may be spread – in large part by their hands. Thanks to SecuSan®, infections transmitted via handles touched by everybody can be effectively stopped.
SecuSan® is an antibacterial and antimicrobial surface for door and window handles. It provides active protection against the spread of germs and bacteria. SecuSan® immediately and permanently suppresses the growth of pathogens on the handle, as confirmed by independent lab and practice tests..
SecuSan® is an antibacterial and antimicrobial surface for door and window handles.
SecuSan® handles are particularly useful in
- Hospitals/clinics, health centres, surgeries, pharmacies
- Schools, kindergartens, nurseries
- Care facilities, retirement homes
- Restaurants, bars, hotels, guest houses
- Clubhouses, sports venues, leisure facilities
- Offices, factories, workshops, laboratories
- Registration offices, admission offices, authorities
- Private residences
SecuSan® in action
The coating on the SecuSan® handles contain silver ions that prevent the growth of germs.
The silver destroys the cell membrane of the germs and therefore blocks cell respiration and cell ingestion. Cell division stops; the germ dies.
Independent tests have shown that SecuSan® reduces the growth of germs in this way by more than 99% – even with regular cleaning, and it requires no maintenance.
1) High bacterial load on the surface
2) Silver ions destroy the cell membrane of the germ
3) Germ is killed
4) There is a significant reduction in the bacterial load on the surface
SecuSan® handles are available in an array of different shapes and designs for interior doors and windows. A small selection is shown below. All the series shown are available in aluminium and stainless steel. Instead of handle sets on rose with escutcheons, versions are also available with a backplate. What is more, each handle shape pictured is also available as a fire-resistant or panic version.