Friedrich Hoppe founded a company for the manufacture of door hardware in Heiligenhaus near Düsseldorf, the traditional German centre of the lock and fittings industry in 1952.
Two years later Friedrich Hoppe moved his company to Stadtallendorf near Marburg (Hesse), thereby laying the foundations for continual growth.
In 1965 the company began to produce in Italy (in German-speaking South Tyrol).
In 1989 HOPPE crossed the Atlantic to the United States.
With the Fall of the Wall, HOPPE became actively engaged in contributing to the change
to a free market economy in East Germany from 1990 onwards, taking over a state-owned plant in Crottendorf (Saxony) in 1991 and opening a new plant there in 1993.
In order to remain competitive in the lower price area, HOPPE has been producing brass fittings in Chomutov in the Czech Republic since 1996.
The HOPPE Group, now with intercontinental representation, is today led by Wolf Hoppe
and Christoph Hoppe in the second generation in the company.
The HOPPE Holding AG in Switzerland coordinates the worldwide activities of the Group.
If youd like to find out more about HOPPE, please ask for our company profile.